Sunday, February 27, 2011

Moving closer

As I sit down to write this I have a new, found zest for women with PCOS. In the past two weeks I have read two books that have changed my life, The Making Babies Program: A proven 3-month program for maximum fertility and The NaPro Reveloution. These books have so much information in them, but I want to attempt to summarize their amazing research.

Making BabiesThis was the primary book that has really changed how I am handeling PCOS. Sami David and Jill Blakeway combine both western and eastern medicine in this book. Sami David was the first doctor to successfully perform IVF. Dr. David said that he did not like holding life in his hands as he felt he was playing God. After that moment he decided he did not want to be a part of that reveloution. He has spent his life dedicating his practice to finding the root of the problems in patients that are infertile. Drs. today are very quick to send someone to IVF without really knowing what is causing the infertility. Dr. David is interested in finding the root, trying everything, and if absolutely nothing works send them to IVF.

Jill Blakeway represents the eastern side of medicine using herbal supplements, vitamins, and daily therapy. This was the most enlightening part of this book for me as I'd been looking high and low for other ideas to help with PCOS.

I encourage all of you that follow my blog to check out this book and the webstie Making Babies At this website you can find out your fertility type "FT" by taking a 10 minute quiz. This will tell you your fertility type and give you a list of supplements and therapies you can introduce into your daily regimine. Jill Blakeway states in her book that if you can do up to 80% of the recommendations you're on the right track.

I've only been doing this a week, but I have had no side effects from any of the supplements I am taking. Currently I am taking the following:
Vitex (800mg), Metformin (1000mg), False Unicorn Root, Evening Primrose, L-Argenine, (good) Prenatal vitamin, Wheat Grass, and Royal Jelly.

Yes, without question, this is a lot, but if it works, it's worth it. I've also been drinking warm lemon water and I've been trying to get in 1/2 of exercise a day, which is sometimes difficult with my schedule, but I've been trying to make it work. I do feel I have more energy and I look forward to seeing how it works for my cycle. In encourage anyone interested to read this book as it has had some fabulous reviews!

The NaPro Technology ReveloutionI have been involved with Creighton Model for Natural Family Planning for a year and 1/2 and the more I do it and learn the opportunities available I have fallen in love. So much so that I am planning on becoming a teacher for NFP. Before I understood it I thought there was no way it could help me, but it has done nothing but help me learn and understand my body. This book describes the Creighton Model, how to chart, and then list specific ailments and their treatments through NaPro technology. This technology has been researched by Dr. Hildgers out of Omaha, NE. You can check out more about NaPro and the Creighton Model through these websites:
http://www.creightonmodel.com/
http://www.fertilitycare.org
http://www.popepaulvi.com/
http://www.naprotechnology.com/

My goal is to update this blog more regularly as I think I can help people more by updating more. I'm constantly reading and researching in hoping to find something that will work for me and in turn find something that will work for others. Blessing to all my followers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment